Privacy issues are very important to us, given the current regulatory and technical environment and we are committed to protecting your privacy.
Use of Personal Data
We will collect information and use it for the following purposes:
- When opening an Account, responding to an enquiry or placing an order with us we typically need to know your name, e-mail address, invoice address and delivery details. This information is collected and maintained out of contractual necessity and to comply with the law. We use this information in order to process and run your Account (including compliance with HMRC and FIA regulations), for credit purposes, market research and analysis, to notify you of the status of the order and to be able to contact you about the product or products that you have purchased should the need arise.
- We also ask you for your telephone number which enables us to contact you directly in the event of there being a query with your order or Account.
- If appropriate we will request a credit or debit card number, the card’s expiry date and security digits along with the name and address of the cardholder to process payment. This information is not retained on record.
- You may choose to provide us with information about your measurements, your sport and your vehicle in order that we can offer you product advice. If you place an order with motordrive, this information we retain on your customer record to continue to respond to your queries during your time with your motordrive product. If you make an enquiry or receive a quote from us, the information that you have provided to us will be treated in the same way as if you were a customer placing an order, as we find that many of our enquirers will return to us and become future customers.
- In the case of a customer placing an order we will retain your personal information to the latest of the date required by law and regulation, or 6 months after your products are no longer in date (allowing a period of time for you to return to us for replacement goods). In the case of an enquirer we will treat your information like we would for a customer and apply the same time limits for storage of your data (unless of course you specifically ask us to delete it ahead of this time).
- Should you enter a competition or other promotional feature on our website or via social media we may ask you for your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address in order that we may efficiently administer the competition and promotion as well as notifying the winners. As a result of entering the competition you may be invited to join our social media groups or join or mailing list however if you decline, this information will not be retained once the competition is completed.
- We may disclose your information to other parties for the purposes of processing and fulfilling your order and can be asked to share information with regulatory authorities however we will not sell or share your information to third parties for marketing purposes.
- We may also use the information that we collect from you to notify you from time to time of any information that we consider is important to the use of the products that you have bought and to request your feedback.
You can request a copy of the information that we store on your account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, you can at any time request that we delete any non-statutory information that we have on your record and, once the legal time limit for storing information has passed, you may request that we delete all of the personal information that we store for you.
Protection of Personal Data
We take the handling and storage of your personal information, and compliance with GDPR, as a serious matter. We have integrated personal protection into our processing activities and taken appropriate and proportionate precautions to create a secure environment to protect the personal information supplied by you to us when making an enquiry, placing an order or opening an Account. In addition for any on-line orders through our website we have essentially adopted the industry standard encryption methods in that the secure service software (SSL) encrypts all information input before it is sent to us. For security reasons and to protect your right to privacy we may occasionally request proof of identity from you before disclosing any sensitive information to you or accepting any order from you.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information (data) to others. We may provide statistics or analytical records about our customers, sales, and traffic patterns to reputable third party vendors but this information will not include any personally identifying information on you.
We employ third parties and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples of these might be a courier delivering your goods to you, analysis of data, provision of marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and provision of a customer services department. Please rest assured that those companies and individuals who have access to any such personal information are not permitted to use this information for any other purposes and they are required to process any such data.
Transfer of Data
Access to Information
You may obtain details of the personal information we hold on you by e-mailing us at email@example.com. Our Data Protection Officer will revert to you within 30 working days.
A reasonable fee will be payable prior to accessing this information if the request for information is excessive or repeated in a short-period of time.
Consent and Data Protection
Opt In-Out to mailing lists
We do not add you to our mailing lists unless you specifically ask to be included on them. We use Mail Chimp to administer our mailing and you can opt out of e-mail updates by clicking the relevant link listed at the bottom of each email campaign that we send. The link will allow you to either amend your details to let us know which information you would like to receive or to remove yourself entirely from our email updates.